Monday, February 10, 2014

Writing Without Writing

Since I started writing this novel back in October 2012, of course I needed to go back and start re-reading what I had so far before continuing on with my work. As I began to read, I noticed that my writing has improved a lot since then, without having done much of this sort between then and now. I decided that I would need to do some revision as I read through. While I was at it, I came up with some fairly significant plot alterations that would need some changing in the 5 chapters I had down already.

These past few weeks have been spent revising and altering-- largely fixing mistakes such as empty and unnecessary paragraphs that were added only for filler and length. I don't particularly care for revision, so it's been very slow going. I hope my work speeds up as soon as I can get back to the actual writing.

I'm only 47 pages in so far. That may not seem like so much, considering I've got 5 chapters, but if you knew how the novel was being laid out you would understand why they can't be terribly long chapters. I feel so far away from my goal. I feel like it will take forever to get there at this rate.

Anyway, I just wanted to keep my non-existent audience updated on where my writing is at.

No comments:

Post a Comment