Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Progress bar, 10/16/2012

Alright, so I actually started my writing a little while back, but I am only just now getting into my groove. I plan to keep updates on my progress on this blog. With every chapter (I may not keep up as much as I plan), I am going to post a little tidbit about how I am feeling about my writing in that chapter, or day if I wrote more than one that particular day. I will continually post along with the updates how many words in I am. My ultimate goal is at least 75,000 words, but seeing as I am not done yet, I don't know if that is a realistic goal. I don't want my novel to be a little wuss of a novel, so I would love for it to be more than 300 pages... I guess we'll see. So far I am 7,500 words in. I have done a few writing sessions, but I don't exactly count the first two. I got a good first chapter written, and then a second. Later (yesterday), I decided I was not satisfied with those chapters so I added and subtracted a lot from both of them. I probably re-wrote about 750 words of it. In addition to that, I wrote chapter three which consists of about 2,500 words and got started on chapter four. Today's goal is to get chapter four finished up and hopefully get a good ways into chapter five, if not finished. As soon as I am done with this post, I will get working. Then I've got some stuff out of the house to do, but when I get back in the evening, it's back to writing for me! I will at least finish chapter four before I go. Yesterday, I started writing at 1 pm, and stopped at about 11 pm! Albeit, I did take a few breaks totaling about an hour and a half and was multitasking most of the time I was writing, but wow! I didn't think I could focus on one thing for so long! I am really glad I could, though. My work was just flowing out of me. Well, I am 7,500 words in, I am going to try to be up to 11 or 12k by the time I finish tonight. One last thing-- have any of you heard of NaNoWriMo? I am trying to do something like that, just starting a little earlier. I couldn't wait that long to write! If I'm in a groove, I am not going to just put it off until some silly game or whatever. So I am trying to get my first draft done in one month. I hope you all have faith in me, I know I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment